Sunday, December 9, 2007

ASLTA's Code of Ethics, Prinicple # 2: Teaching/Pedagogical Competence



Receptive Quiz:

I did this vlog as an assignment for what course?
What does the acronym ASLTA stand for?
Where can you find the ASLTA's Code of Ethics?
How many principles are there in the ASLTA's Code of Ethics?
When teaching ASL 101 – there needs to be adequate opportunity for what?
How can a teacher stay current and up to date on teaching strategies?
When I list methods a teacher may use to stay current and up to date on teaching strageties, what did I fingerspell (at 2:59) ?

1 comment:

Beaux Arts de Boutjean said...

Does a teacher normally educate
students all signers have
varying styles and varying levels?

I have encountered quite a number of interpreters who do not excel at receptive fingerspelling. They
would become nervous if I fingerspelled or would mistranslate what I fingerspell.

That is one of my concerns because
misunderstanding or mistranslating
costs very dearly. Therefore, I would like to suggest that teachers take their students to different functions or to attend
plays or parties where they would
have a chance to meet signers not only of different styles but also of varying regional sign languages.

Best wishes and happy holidays.